Terms of Service
By accessing this Website, accessible from arete.network, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Your account may be terminated or suspended for an undisclosed amount of time if any part of the following agreement is not adhered to. Additionally, accounts may be suspended for reasons not listed in this agreement.
All users must be at least 13 years of age to access this website and create an account.
Arete.network or its suppliers will not be held accountable for any damages that may arise with the use or inability to use the materials on arete.networks Website, even if arete.network or an authorized representative of this Website has been notified, orally or written, of the possibility of such damage. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties or limitations of liability for incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you. All the materials on arete.networks Website are provided "as is". arete.network makes no warranties, may it be expressed or implied, therefore negates all other warranties. Furthermore, arete.network does not make any representations concerning the accuracy or reliability of the use of the materials on its Website or otherwise relating to such materials or any sites linked to this Website. Arete.network is not liable for any user generated content. The Website may contain links to third-party services that are not owned or controlled by arete.network and we are not responsible for the their actions or content. Users are solely responsible for any laws they may break by accessing content on this website that is illegal within their own country.
3. Content Policy
Content is not welcome if it contains:
- Any kind of sexually explicit or suggestive depictions of minors. Any kind of sexually oriented discussions involving minors are also prohibited.
- Pornographic depictions of sexual relations with animals (bestiality)
- Unsolicited pornographic imagery
- Personal and confidential information ("doxing")
- Specific threats of violence
- Copyright infringing material
You are prohibited from knowingly engaging in any kind of behavior that interferes with the normal use of this platform or tampers with the security of accounts and the platform itself. Additionally you are prohibited from engaging in the following behavior:
- Using multiple accounts to circumvent restrictions, vote multiple times on the same piece of content, or to artifically prop up your own content.
- Do not submit links to unrelated communities on the platform with the express purpose of brigading them or actively incite such activity
4. User created communities
With some exceptions, Boards (communities) are created and maintained by users and are not managed, or endorsed by the website staff. Users who maintain a board are referred to as Moderators. They are free to create any rules and manage a community however they want, provided they do not violate the terms of this agreement. They may be removed at any time and for any reason if we believe they do not represent the best interests of their respective communities.
5. Terms of Service Modificationsarete.network may revise these Terms of Service for its Website at any time without prior notice. By using this Website, you are agreeing to be bound by the current version of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
Last updated: September 9 2022 (removed clause prohibiting users from interfering with other platforms)
Admin action log